Monday, February 18, 2013

Custom Baby Shower Burp Cloths

I love my friends.  They are my some of my biggest supporters.  They are creative and they have an eye for design.  They tell me when something is good....and when it is not.  They are good sounding boards for ideas and color schemes.

I have TWO friends who ALWAYS do their own thing and put their own twist on my designs.  They always know what they want and I'm the tool to sew it!
 "Double" Burp Cloth and Standard Burp Cloth
One almost always picks fabric for me to sew with.  I love it, because it puts her own personal touch on her gift.  Her friends are having BABIES and she likes to make those gifts very personal.
Standard Burp Clothes with Embroidery ON the fabric and in the corner of the cloth
The other just shows up with her own fabric and burp cloths and says, make burp clothes, do what you want, use some embroidery!  FREE REIGN!!!  YEOW!!!

Embroidery - Blue in Font #1
When she told me the baby's name would be Scarlett, I instantly thought of RED.  Who doesn't?  But I was so pleasantly surprised when she came with these fabrics.  I had to wrap my mind around a different color scheme, but I love me a challenge!
Bottom Block Burp Cloth with Circle Initial Embroidery
It gave me a chance to try some new designs with both the fabric and the embroidery.  It definitely challenged me.  And I doubted my choices more than once.  
Circle Embroidery with Initial - in Pink font #3
This was the only request.  An embroidery that has a decorative circle with an initial inside.  I love that she pushed me to try something new with my machine.  I stressed the entire time the machine was working and I hovered over it, but I think it turned out beautifully.  It's girly and fun and I'm gonna be using it a lot more!
Fully Backed Burp Cloth - Embroidery in Blue #5
This is my new FAVORITE!!!   I've wanted to do one like this for awhile, and just never had the chance.  I love that redesigning the burp cloth, allowed me to put her whole name on it and right in the center.  I also love how the fabric creeps around to the front giving you a little sneak peak at what is on the back.  

So fun to work on this last week!  Baby Scarlett joins the world soon and I hope that she loves her new accessories:)




1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you, so leave me a comment: