Tuesday, April 30, 2013

National Zipper Day!

Apparently April 29th was National Zipper Day!  Who knew?!?!?!?  I look to Hallmark for all my "holiday" notifications, so I was surprised when such a great day snuck up on me:)

I had this project looming and was just waiting on zippers.  So yesterday, I took a break from orders to sew with a ZIPPER!
I'm sort of floating in between carrying a diaper bag and getting to JUST carry a purse for the first time in 11 years!  This Fold Over Clutch is my answer.
Most of the time, I just toss my wallet and essentials in the diaper bag.  But, there are some rare days when I get out by myself and don't need or want to lug the diaper bag around. I needed a fun little purse to just carry my phone, keys and a few things.  I wanted it to be small enough for me to just toss in the diaper bag if necessary, but I also wanted it to be big enough to carry all of my essential items, when there is no longer a diaper bag hanging on my shoulder.
The corner suede patches are from an old jacket that was in my husbands donate pile.  SCORE!  I love upcycling!  And who doesn't love the big bright chevrons.  The red has sort of a "worn" look to it.  
Inside:  some chocolaty brown polka dots:)  I should show you my fabric cupboard some time.  I have almost as many polka dot fabrics as I do others!  It's an addiction and I can't say I'm sorry.  They are happy and fun and I love them:)
 I'm itching to get some use out of my new clutch.  Anyone want to grab some coffee or catch a movie?

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love Love! Seriously... this couldn't be any cuter! You're so creative and great with the detail! obsessed with this color and pattern combo!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave me a comment: