Monday, July 16, 2012

Cape/Mask Sizing

My most asked question is about cape sizing.  I know that a lot of people give these as gifts, and so that is a good question, especially if you aren't around kids much.  So I thought that I would address that a bit today.
I have FOUR sizes of capes that I can do.

  • Newborn
  • One Year
  • Standard
  • Large
My capes are sized to grow with your kids, and should be slightly big to start so that they can get the most use out of them.  Obviously if you buy a newborn cape, for halloween or pictures, this cape will not fit for very long or get much use!  (if you have a newborn and are local, I would love to get some photos of a newborn in one of my capes....contact me:)
My one year cape will get a couple years out of it though.  Here it is pictured on a 12 month old and it nearly touched the ground.  Newborn and One Year Old Capes are ONE SIDED and require less fabric and therefore are discounted.  Embroidery is still extra.
My STANDARD cape (here and here) will fit for a long time!  A good 6 years I'd say.  On the two year old it touches the ground, knee length around 5 and mid thigh around 8.  
My LARGE cape also has 6 or more years of life in it! Because of the extra fabric for length, there is a $2 upcharge on the bigger capes.
 My MASKS are a one size fits all.  Fit about a 19" head which is most kids.  If you have a head  measurement and want a custom fit, I am more than happy to work with you on that.
Super Hero CUFFS, new in the shop, are also one size fits all, but are adjustable.  At their biggest, I can wear them myself:).  The green is my 5 year old wearing them, but they can adjust a little smaller and would easily work for 2-3 year olds as well!

So there you have it.  All your "SUPER" sizing questions answered!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you, so leave me a comment: