Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A "MANLY" Lunch

This is a custom order from a friend.  Here is how the conversation started....
So....my husband has been using the girls HELLO KITTY lunch bags to take his lunch to work....can you do something about that:)
YES!!!!

He was very specific.  He wanted PLAIN.  Meaning just black.  Nothing else.  And while I had to make what he wanted, just plain, black is sort of boring.  It is possible to make something with style and character with out it being plain and black and boring.  I must mention, she did give me some creative license with this order!
So I made it out of black corduroy!  I LOVE the way it turned out and my own husband admitted that if he had to take lunch to work everyday....he would use this!  It is black and simple, yes.  But anything but boring! I love that the fabric adds some texture.  I think he just didn't want it to stick out much!  But let's be honest.  Before he was using HELLO KITTY:)  So ANYTHING would have been improvement!
For the inside, I used some laminate fabric so that he his wife, could easily wipe it out.  I love that little secret pop of polka dots too!
Two velcro tabs keep it closed nicely when needed.

She also admitted that he sometimes uses the girls lunch kits, since he lost his...So.........
He got a lunch bag and sandwich wrap made out of black corduroy as well.  The inside of the wrap is plain, black cotton.  Heaven forbid there was any color visible while he was eating his lunch:)

I'm so glad that he is doing his part for the earth.  I realize that their aren't too many manly choices out there to help men do this.  I'm glad to do my part to help him.

In the end, I really love how the corduroy worked for the lunch kits.  Look for the more MANLY lunch kits to show up in the shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so leave me a comment: